APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 OPERA SCHOLARS AUSTRALIA SEASON ARE OPEN.
CALLING TENORS AND BARITONES
Opera Scholars Australia is a dynamic performance based program for young singers that is designed to bridge the 'gap' between students and professionals. The program typically engages singers on the verge of their professional careers in the 18 to 25 age bracket. OSA hosts a number of concerts throughout their season engaging professional guest artists to perform and mentor our scholars. These artists include; Yvonne Kenny AM, Teddy Tahu Rhodes, Tiffany Speight, Greta Bradman, David Hobson and many others.
Our next season commences in April 2018 to conclude with the annual event Opera in the Market in March 2019.
- Regular rehearsals are conducted throughout the year, with a broad range of performing opportunities as below:
- Moments in Opera | Opera Scholar of the Year Semi Finals (Melbourne, 27 May 2018)
- OSA Aria | Opera Scholar of the Year Finals (Melbourne, 23 September 2018)
- OSA Summer School (Beechworth, week long intensive Summer School, 13 - 20 January 2019)
- Voices in the Twilight (Beechworth, 17 January 2019)
- Opera in the Alps (Beechworth, 19 January 2019)
- Opera in the Market (Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne, 4 March 2019)
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Melbourne based program, successful scholars must reside in Melbourne for the duration of the program (April 2018 - March 2019).
- Each OSA position is valued at $6,000.
- All successful applicants will receive either a partial or full scholarship. Partial scholarship recipients will be required to submit a financial contribution of $1000.
- Full scholarships are generally awarded to returning participants.
- Limited bursary applicants are available on request, based on financial hardship.
If you are a singer aged 18-25 who is seeking to broaden your operatic development, work with visiting artists and professionals, tour to regional Victoria and attend the OSA Summer School, register your interest for our next round of auditions.